Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bowling Green Running/Walking Events for June 2010


Welcome to our new blog! How exciting! This is our first official post and we anticipate many future contributions from various staff members.

I plan, before the start of each month, to dedicate a new post listing all local walking and running events for the upcoming month. This is the first of such posts. I will try to list the date, name of the event, and location whenever I can. Some events will be linked to their corresponding information pages or registration flyers - simply click on the link. If I have participated in a particular race, I will include additional notes about my experiences with it in the past.

Do you know about a race or event that you don't see listed below? Drop us a note in the comment section with all the information you have on the event and we will add it in future posts.

On a personal note, my wife and I normally pick one to two races each month to run. Knowing those races are coming up each month helps motivate us to stay in shape and exercise regularly. This is a also a great opportunity for us to share wonderful experiences and new places together. We have met a lot of great people out there while waiting at the start lines. I encourage everyone to get out there and participate in these community events for the following reasons:
  • It is a great way to stay in shape
  • Run or walk for a good cause
  • Committing to a race is a good step in setting fitness goals
  • Fellowship with others participating for a good cause
  • Opportunity to educate yourself about fitness
Come on out, let's get in shape together, and have some fun!

Events for the remaining month of June 2010:

6/19/10 - Summer Classic 5K Run & 3K Fun Walk - Edmonson Co. High School, Brownsville KY

6/19/10 -
Wilma Rudolph 5K/10K - Sango United Methodist Church, Clarksville, TN

6/26/10 - Heels for Healing 1 mile Run/Walk (High Heels Optional), Bowling Green, KY

6/26/10 - Russellville Romp 5K Run/Walk - Russellville, KY

6/27/10 - Owensboro 10 Miler (36th Running) - Tamarack Rd, Owensboro

1 comment:

  1. I think we should get a few guys to do the Heels for Healing walk next Saturday. It would be comical to see some of us men trying to walk in high heels.

    ReplyDelete